Tuam Cancer Care
Tuam Cancer Care is a community cancer support centre which offers psychological, emotional & practical support to people with a cancer diagnosis & their families. Tuam Cancer Care provide a range of services including counselling, complementary therapies and courses such as CLIMB Children’s Programme and nutrition workshops.
Physical activity and rehabilitation services include:
- CanREACT Physical Activity Programme. This is a 12 week exercise programme for people with a cancer diagnosis. The programme is run in conjunction with the University of Galway and is the results of their research programme. The programme includes a weekly face to face group session, Zoom remote sessions and a weekly check in with an assigned facilitator. Pre-registration and medical consent is required. Contact the Centre for more details on 093 28522 or at email@example.com
- Physical Activity programme. This programme aims to improve aerobic fitness, strength, flexibility and functional ability in everyday life. In doing so, it helps to improve ones’ body image and restore self-confidence. The programme is for men and women who have or have had a cancer diagnosis. The programme is free of charge and you can self-refer but medical consent is required. Before you begin, you will have an assessment with a qualified facilitator. Pre-booking is required for this programme. https://www.tuamcancercare.ie/our-services/cancer-support-programme/physical-activity-programme/
- Armchair yoga. A gentle class which aims to promote relaxation, improve your sense of wellbeing and support the development of inner resources that help in dealing with a life-changing illness.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapy. This service is for anyone with a diagnosis of lymphoedema and is provided by appointment only
- Cancer Thriving and Surviving. This is a six-week programme to help people with the transition from active treatment to living with and beyond cancer. The programme is based on self-management with information and support and includes modules on exercise, nutrition, communication and managing fatigue, sleep and pain
Visit https://www.tuamcancercare.ie/our-services/ for more information on services
Where: Cricket Court, Dunmore Road, Tuam, Co.Galway, H54 A318 Ireland
Contact: Phone: 09328522 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.